Re: ORA-12154

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:00:30 GMT

Jan,

found the following on Technet (http://technet.oracle.com)

ORA-12154 TNS:Could not resolve service name

Cause: The service name specified is not defined in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

Action: Make the following checks and correct the error:

Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper place and accessible. See the operating system specific manual for details on the required name and location.
Check to see that the service name exists in one of the TNSNAMES.ORA files and add it if necessary.
Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the file. Particularly look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Any error in a TNSNAMES.ORA file makes it unusable. See Chapter 4 in the SQL*Net Administrator's Guide. If possible regenerate the configuration files using the Oracle Network Manager.

You can find nearly all documentation on Technet. Follow the button 'Documentation'.

H.t.h.

BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <PR2c6.15234$l57.546824_at_news000.worldonline.dk>,   "Jan Elbæk" <jael_at_worldonline.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem accessing an Oracle DB using MS ADO (via ODBC). The
> situation is that when connecting and working with the DB from an
 normal
> Windows standard EXE every´thing works just fine. When my code is
 excutede
> from withing a DLL (hosted by a Windows service program) I recieve the
> following error message from ODBC. It seems like there the error
 occurs when
> the Oracle klientcomps is loades/initialized:
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]Error while trying to
 retrieve
> text for error ORA-12154'
>
> Any clues, ideas, workarounds.
>
> And please. Can anyone provide me with the text for error ORA-12154 ??
>
> Best regards,
> Jan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 04:00:30 CST