Re: Oracle 8i ODBC from ASP/IIS ... flaky connections

From: Aaron Cody <acody_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:08:10 -0800

thanks Rick, Jim and Niall.... well i'm an oracle newbie .. all I did was to install 8.1.5 on my machine, configure a DSN and try connecting .. I haven't messed with the install (all defaults) and I certainly haven't configured anything ... but I tried it on 2 different machines and get the same thing .... but I will use your comments as a starting point now... net8 level 16 tracing ... that's what i'll figure out how to do next..... i'm running w2k sp1 by the way .... i seem to remember it working briefly before I applied that service pack... but i could be wrong abou that... cheers!