Re: Which datatype for Text Field 32k MAX

From: <cjscutler_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:59:36 GMT

I've have had a similar requirement recently and the dbms_lob functions seem to be searching fine. HOWEVER, when I try to create any datafield in a table using SQL Plus (whether it be a long or a clob) the field refuses to accept more than 4000 bytes of data?!? Everything I have seen posted on this subject suggests to me that I should be able to use at least 32K.

I installed Oracle8i on the NT server - does anyone have any clues to point me in the right direction. Is there anywhere you define the max default size of these data types?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

> I also like the sound of instr with SQL and could be a good quick
>fix, does
> anyone have an example of using instr() on a CLOB field?
> I presume that a PL/SQL procedure is required and that I can't
>execute a SQL
> statement directly from a client that utilises the instr() function
>required
> on a LOB.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 06:59:36 CST