Re: Oracle and Tablespaces

From: Gerrit Scholten <ggj.scholten_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:28:36 +0100

Create a DATA tablespace for your tables, an INDEX tablespace for the indexes, a TEMP tablespace for temporary storage (needed when sorting large result sets), and of course a ROLLBACK tablespace.

ALTER your users, so they get the DATA tablespace as their default tablespace and TEMP as their temporary tablespace:

ALTER USER <username> DEFAULT TABLESPACE DATA TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP;

Drop the tables that were created in the SYSTEM tablespace, then recreate them in DATA, and their indexes in INDEX.

Good luck :)