Re: Windows 2000 problem

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:58:17 -0800

> I have a problem with windows 2000 profesional.
> On start of the computer the listener service start up properly.
> When I try to connect from any application to oracle, I receive an error
> that cause the stop of listener service, from this time on if I try manually
> to start the service I receive an error about internal service error.
> Can anyone help me?

My knee jerk reaction is to say that Windows 2000 IS a problem. But being a bit tired today I'll merely suggest that you tell us a bit more about your environment such as:

  1. Which version of Oracle
  2. Whether you can connect through server manager
  3. What error message you are getting when trying to start the listener. Not something with the word "about" but the actual message and its identifying number.
  4. And best of all, copy your listener file into your posting.

With what you have written I wouldn't have a clue how to help you.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 22:58:17 CST