Re: Where to go for Training?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:01:25 -0800

> other than the web type training, is there anybody other than "Oracle
> University" where you can go to train on Oracle?
>
> I'm particuarly interested in the SF Bay Area, I can't seem to find any
> other organizations teaching the courses which I find relly hard to
> believe.
>
> On the web side of things is "The Database Domain"
> http://www.oraworld.com/ a good place to go for training?

There are a number of companies that provide training on Oracle. ARIS is one that quickly comes to mind. But given the heavy expense of these classes you might come out with a break-even situation or even somewhat ahead if you did one of the following:

  1. Contact Ion Manea (imanea_at_ese.washington.edu) at the University of Washington
  2. Find some local Oracle expert and offer them an hourly fee to work with you in a tutoring arrangement.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 23:01:25 CST