Can't get sqlplus to run: v8.1.7 on Solaris 8

From: Mark McWiggins <mark_at_IcanFixYourEmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:13:34 GMT

When I try to get sqlplus to start, I get:

	ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
	ORA_27101: Shared memory realm does not exist
	SVR4 Error: 2: no such file or directory

I have the kernel parameters in /etc/system specified as shown in the Oracle docs, and the database is running. We can connect successfully via ODBC from another machine.

Obviously something small I'm missing; thanks much for The Answer or any suggestions.

mark_at_printcop.com
425-369-8286
www.printcop.com
Printcop is a system for authenticating and billing printer users. Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 00:13:34 CST