Re: newbie of Oracle needs help...please

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:55:26 -0800

> I installed Oracle version 8.1.6 on a Solaris 8 system.
> I have terminated the installation without errors, I have loaded sqlplus and
> I made some queries.
>
> But I rebooted the machine and now I obtain this message after inserting the
> password in sqlplus: ORA-01034 ORACLE Not Available.

What Jining Han said is correct.

To manually start Oracle open a telnet session and connect as Oracle. At the UNIX prompt type "SVRMGRL". This will put you into server manager.

Then type "connect internal".

Then type "startup".

After the instance starts type "Exit" to .... well exit and close the telnet session.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 23:55:26 CST