Re: I got ORA-24334 error when calling function from ASP

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:05:50 GMT

In article <3A6C1148.28390521_at_hknet.com>,   Diviner <diviner_at_hknet.com> wrote:
> I tried to use two difference ODBC driver to access Oracle8i(8.1.6 for
> Linux).
> One is Microsoft ODBC for Oracle 2.573.3711.00 and another one is
> Oracle ODBC Driver 8.01.06.00.
>
> I wrote a function in Oracle and has test it, it works fine. So I
 access
> it from
> ASP, I got errors:
> a) when using Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle:
> "Invalid parameter type"
> b) when using Oracle ODBC driver:
> "ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position"
>
> I don't know the parameter was wrong because it is just a simple
 Integer

> value. Statement like this:
> cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("pRefNo", _
> adInteger, adParamInput,, 42)
> cmd.Execute
>
> And the prototype of the function like this:
> create or replace function GetFullPath(pRefNo integer)
> return varchar
>
> Would anyone tell me that what wrong is that?

What happens if you change from a function to a procedure with an IN parameter and an OUT parameter? I suspect the latter will work better.

Note also that you can download an updated version of the Oracle ODBC driver from the Oracle Technology Network <http://otn.oracle.com> which may potentially have useful bugfixes for you.

Justin

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 22 2001 - 15:05:50 CST