I got ORA-24334 error when calling function from ASP

From: Diviner <diviner_at_hknet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:54:00 +0800

I tried to use two difference ODBC driver to access Oracle8i(8.1.6 for Linux).
One is Microsoft ODBC for Oracle 2.573.3711.00 and another one is Oracle ODBC Driver 8.01.06.00.

I wrote a function in Oracle and has test it, it works fine. So I access it from
ASP, I got errors:
a) when using Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle:

"Invalid parameter type"

b) when using Oracle ODBC driver:

"ORA-24334 no descriptor for this position"

I don't know the parameter was wrong because it is just a simple Integer

value. Statement like this:

     cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("pRefNo", _
          adInteger, adParamInput,, 42)
     cmd.Execute

And the prototype of the function like this:

    create or replace function GetFullPath(pRefNo integer)

        return varchar

Would anyone tell me that what wrong is that?

--
Best regards,
Diviner.