Re: Is Package Information Stored in an ALL_* Table?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:37:47 -0800

> I would like to query the database for package information - namely the
> names of all the functions or procedures that are part of my package
> definition.
>
> For example, if I have a package...
>
> CREATE PACKAGE PKG1 AS...
>
> PROCEDURE update_names (...
> PROCEDURE update_appointments (...
> FUNCTION get_order_date (...
> etc.
> END PKG1;
>
> I would like to query for...
> update_names
> update_appointments
> get_order_date
> etc.
>
> Is there an ALL_ table that stores this information? Thanks in advance...

What you are trying to do can not be done. The only way to access stored database code is in its entirety. To know what packages you have you can go to DBA_OBJECTS (or USER_OBJECTS or ALL_OBJECTS) but that will only give you the package header and body information.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Jan 22 2001 - 21:37:47 CST