Re: String manipulations HELP!!!!

From: <julietw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:57:42 GMT

I have used SUBSTR, LENGTH, INSTR, LTRIM, RTRIM to get the value of fid in the URL.

SUBSTR(char, m, n) returns portion of char beginning at character m and n characters long
INSTR(char1, char2) searches char1 for the occurence of char2 and returns the position of the character in char1 (the furst occurence of the character)
LENGTH(char) returns the length of char
LTRIM(char, set) removes characters from the left of char with all the leftmost characters that appears in set removed LTRIM(char, set) returns char with all the rightmost characters that appear in set removed

Below is an example that retrieves the value of fid in a URL:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE FIND_FID_VALUE IS

  v_end  number := 0;
  v_url varchar2(400);
  v_start number := 0;
  v_test varchar2(100);
  v_test_trim varchar2(100);

  v_start_trim number := 0;
  v_end_trim number := 0;

  v_trim varchar2(100);
  v_final_string varchar2(100);

BEGIN   select url
  into v_url
  from a_table;

  v_trim := substr(v_test, v_start_trim, v_end_trim);

  v_final_string := rtrim(ltrim(v_trim, 'fid='),';');   htp.print('final :'||v_final_string);
  htp.br;

END FIND_FID_VALUE; hope that helps

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/main.cdnow/RP/SHARE/sound_popup.html;sz=250 x250;gid=;fid=85475;artid=;itmid=;formatid=;promoid=;kword=;collid=;fmta g=;adloc=top_center;lang=ENG;ord=535276841_0?

> In this string i am looking FID=85475 ( or what ever number is after
 fid) this
> string can be anywhere in this string.
>
> PLEASE HELP
>
> Dan White