Re: PL/SQL -- unix scripts

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:43:29 +0200

Steven Brangers wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Is it possible to launch a unix script from within a PL/SQL stored
> procedure ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steven Brangers -- dba/unix sysadmin.

Hello Steven,
This question gets asked _lots_ in the oracle newsgroups - it also gets answered _lots_ in the oracle newsgroups. I answered it just last week. You can search the newsgroup archives from Deja at...

http://www.deja.com/usenet

But I'll cut you a little slack this time and give my answer (again)!

Check out this site...

http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/plex/index.html

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 00:43:29 CST