?Oracle8i lite and ORA-03121 with SQLPlus? So irritating.

From: charter <bradlyon_at_chartertn.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:36:12 -0500

I'm having a devil of a time getting Oracle8i lite working with SQLPlus. I did the basic install, and then opened SQLPlus. When I use the sample username/pw/service the doc says to use, I get the famous "ERROR: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed".

I cannot connect with SQLplus, but I CAN use the Java examples to hit the sample database using the lite driver.

To use SQLplus, should I be running some kind of server or listener when using Oracle lite? Neither one came with the install, so I am assuming the answer is no.

Should I need to modify any of the ora files? The documentation for Oracle lite does not mention any of it, and so again I would assume that this is not necessary.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Jan 20 2001 - 09:36:12 CST