Using Set Transation statement??

From: JAP <jasonperez_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:47:18 -0700

I am reviewing PL/SQL for my OCP test. I understand the syntax of <Set Transaction Use Rollback Segment random_label; > but I don't understand why it exists. Why would you us a Set Transaction? Does anyone have a tangible real-world type example? The book uses a banking systems example (Sybex; Oracle8i DBA SQL and PL/SQL study guide; page 183, Chip Dawes, Biju Thomas).

Thanks for the help.
JAP Received on Sat Jan 20 2001 - 21:47:18 CST