login.sql search path?

From: Doug O'Leary <dkoleary_at_ro05-24-29-232-217.ce.mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:54:42 GMT

Hey;

I'm running Oracle 8i on Redhat Linux. I have a login.sql file in my home directory; however, it only gets read if I'm *in* my home directory when I kick off sqlplus.

According to the sqlplus docs, I can set up a "system-dependent" search path and that I should consult the installation docs for specifics. The Linux installation doc doesn't seem to have *anything* related to sqlplus - much less specific information on a login.sql search path.

I could have sworn I found this information in this newsgroup before; however, searching deja.news and here didn't provide any useful tips.

So, anyone know how to update the search path?

Thanks.

Doug

--
Douglas K. O'Leary