[PL/SQL] Copy LONG RAW

From: Clemens Hoffmann <Clemens.Hoffmann_at_knUUt.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:12:25 +0100

Hi there,

in a project we store RFC-Data (SAP-Remote Procedure Calls) in a Table while a combined transaction with SAP and ORACLE gets prozessed. After the transaction is done the data in the RFC Table gets deleted.

Due to restrictions of the client's programming system the RFC-Data is stored compressed in a LONG RAW field.

We now face the problem that even if all RFC calls return successfully the booking is not always performed in SAP.

Therefore i have to write a procedure that copy the RFC-Data to an archive table and then delete alle entries to the transaction from the RFC table.

I found a way to read the data using dynamic sql (DEFINE_COLUMN_LONG and COLUMN_VALUE_LONG) but how can i store the data in the archive table. I couldn't find a function like BIND_VARIABLE_LONG.

Or is there another and maybe better way of copy LONG RAW data. We have to use ORACLE (8.0.5) and the client does not support LOB data.

Thanks

    Clemens Hoffmann Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 16:12:25 CST