What is this Notation? : "{call pack.proc(?, {resultset 10..."

From: contrapositive <contrapositive_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:55:58 GMT

I'm using ADO pretending that there's a possibility that I can get a stored procedure (or function or package) to return a recordset. And I keep running into notation that looks like this:

"{call packperson.oneperson(?, {resultset 2, ssn, fname, lname})}"

This is the command text sent from the ADO Command object.

I don't know why the braces are needed, what the '?' represents, or where resultset 2 (or 9 or 10) comes into play. And worse, I can't find any documentation that explains this call. I'm guessing it's a function of the data provider. Can anyone help?

I'm using ADO 2.1, VB6 and ODBC to connect to an Oracle 7.3 database.

Thanks.

-jk

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 06:55:58 CST