Re: Oracle 8.0.5 vs 8.0.6

From: Prestige News <someone_at_someonesnntp.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:35:29 GMT

Sybrand:

Thanks for the enlightenment.

The next time you decide to bullet-point you're holier than thou responses with phrases like "First of all" and "Secondly" why don't you wander on over to alt.flame, and post it over there? I take offense to your response and categorization of my post.

Usenet:

The "delta" as I described it would be the differences between 8.0.5, and 8.0.6. Our software could be affected by the bug fix, and I'm attempting to discover what our exposure to problems might be. For those of you not familiar with Oracle's release notes, they are *less* than adequate for what I'm trying to accomplish. My original post was intended to draw from the knowledge of experienced DBA's and developers who may have encountered issues with 8.0.5 that required them to apply the patch. My apologies for cross posting from six ways to Sunday, but the intended audience can easily span several groups particularly a post of this nature.

Thanks for your time folks.

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:t6dgmoq87o1d1d_at_beta-news.demon.nl...
> First of all: could you please post this type of query to .server *only*
> Secondly: 8.0.6 is a bug fix release, it shouldn't contain any new
> functionality.
> The 'delta' as you describe it, is usually outlined in the release notes.
 If