Forms 6i on Linux-mdk7.2: sqlplus works fine but.how do I design forms?

From: William H. Fissell <whf_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:19:22 -0500

Thanks in advance!

I downloaded 8i Enterprise Edition, and, like others, after a few false starts and a lot of environment variables, I have made a few databases and can play with them via sqlplus, so that seems to work.

I now need to make some GUI interface from which to insert and select from this database (or possibly others)

For various reasons, I prefer not to use an HTML/CGI interface unless I have to.

I downloaded Forms Developer/Server 6i, and installation hangs several times, first because it can't find libXm.a (it doesn't exist on my system; why I don't know; libXm.blahblah.so is there) and then linking fails repeatedly.

I'd rather not spend my time in a C/C++ API, and I don't know of a tk/Tcl API for oracle. (I used tk/tcl with Postgres with some success)The only java I know is what I drink in the AM.

Any tips on how to get Forms developer/server to install? Any suggestions on another API?

thanks!

Bill Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 01:19:22 CST