Re: GREP for Windows?

From: Scott Mattes <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:29:54 GMT

Gee, I was telling someone that it was a shame more people didn't look at my SearchFiles program. This is both a better and a worse version of the Windows FindFile (windows key F, or Start button | Find | Find Files or Folders). Worse because right now you can't find a file by date, but better because not only can you find files containing text, but you have greater flexibility in search patterns (regexp for one) AND there is a built in file viewer that high lights all matching lines.

Go to http://www.geocities.com/ScottMattes and follow my Delphi links to SearchFiles.

Please let me know your experiences with it.