Re: Oracle and Athlon

From: <deja_luser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:21:49 GMT

Weird, this guy really seems to think oracle wont do athlons. I don't get what could be the problem that oracle could not run on an athlon, just doesn't make sense. The only thing I could think of is maybe a problem with raw oracle partitions. But says it all the time, but if others are running oracle on athlons, it kind of fits a patern...........

Are the db's you have under a decent amount of load? The guy is running NT so maybe oracle+NT+athlon is the problem? I've search a bit and can't find anything on the web about it.

In article <lAj86.290077$_5.65283396_at_news4.rdc1.on.home.com>,   "dgdss" <dgdss_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have Oracle 8i running on Anthlon 700 w/396 MB SDRAM it runs fine
> "Lee Webb" <lwebbee_at_britcomtele.comnotreal> wrote in message
> > Unless my Athlon 900 is cunningly disguised as a PIII, then yes:
 it's a
> > (bad) joke.
> > Running Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux on Athlon no probs.
> >
> > Lee.
> >
> > deja_luser_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > > Is it true that oracle cannot run on athlon systems? Someone I
 know
> > > keeps saying that but that sounds wacky to me.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 04:21:49 CST