Re: Creating snapshots & Rollback implications

From: John Reilly <john.reilly_at_nospam.bct.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:56:54 -0000

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3A653354.25694BD7_at_exesolutions.com...
> > I intend to launch a script to create a number of snapshots.
> >
> > The script is in the general format -
> >
> > CREATE SNAPSHOT SNAP_1 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE_1_at_MASTERDB .........
> > CREATE SNAPSHOT SNAP_2 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE_2_at_MASTERDB .........
> > CREATE SNAPSHOT SNAP_3 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE_3_at_MASTERDB .........
> > CREATE SNAPSHOT SNAP_4 AS SELECT * FROM TABLE_4_at_MASTERDB .........
> > .
> > .
> > .
> >
> > The question is - what are the implications for COMMITing and THUS
 Rollback
> > space?
> >
> > Is there an implicit COMMIT after each snapshot is created?
>
> Snapshots are self-commiting. As soon as they refresh they commit and free
 up
> the rollback segment.

I thought as much but didn't want to take the chance as the refresh is taking place overnight.

Thanks for the help.

--
John

(Remove NOSPAM to reply)

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people
attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends
on unreasonable people."
-George Bernard Shaw