Re: Data Dictionary Creation

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:34:05 GMT

In article <942a89$9cf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mr_furious710 <mr_furious6969_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> I am receiving errors during the creation of the data dictionary. The
> errors occur during the execution of the catproc.sql file (Yes - I
> executed catalog.sql before this script.) I am receiving errors
> referencing the DBMS_STANDARD Package:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE utl_smtp AS
> *
> ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
>
> Mork
> "Na-Nu, Na-Nu"

Were you connected as 'SYS' when you ran catalog and catproc? If not, you need to rerun them as user sys. If you were you need to review the logs, and query the system for invalid sys owned packages. Validate them then retry.

If someone fired off the catalog or catproc scripts under a non-sys id you could have a public synonym pointing to the wrong object causing other objects creations to fail and compounding the problem. Drop any package that should be sys.* but are not and their synonyms before rerunning catalog and catproc as sys.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/