Re: kproc

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:40:26 GMT

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:51:38 GMT, Paul Bennett <spacey845_at_my-deja.com> wrote:

<snip>
>Now I kwon what they are however, their disappearance is a mite more
>worrying.
>
>Should they disappear all by themselves? Are there any "common
>pitfalls" that might kill them without any blatantly obvious warning?
>Could they die with a memory leak? Is this why my users are running
>out of user processes intermittently? Arrrrgh.
>

>TIA, all suggestions welcome,

They will appear and disappear as they are in use. You can set MINSERVERS (default 1) and MAXSERVERS (default 10) in smit>Devices>Asynchronous I/O> Change/Show Cahracteristics of Async I/O.

Oracle recommends max to at least 10 times number of disks (a bit OT IMHO) min to max / 2

Whan running the number of processes will increase to max as they are in use and decrease to min whan activity stops - I take it you have at least 1 or 2 always running ?

Alex Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 05:40:26 CST