Re: Oracle 'SQL.log' File

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:42:15 GMT

In article <t693mim68qdecc_at_beta-news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> sql.log is the default file name for the ODBC log file.
> Go to control panel, start the odbc administrator and uncheck the log
> option.
> You also can safely throw the file away : it will be recreated
> automatically.

Note that if sql.log is being generated, ODBC is essentially in 'debug' mode. Operations may take significantly longer because logging is turned on. Unless you're trying to debug a problem, I would highly recommend turning off logging, as Mr. Bakker indicates.

Justin Cave

> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "Mike Boland" <mickbol_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Every time my machine accesses a remote Oracle DB, a file on my
 local
> > machine 'c:\sql.log' get bigger.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can stop this file from being created?
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 16:42:15 CST