Cannot establish JDBC connection, help!

From: ssm <ssmulgund-at-yahoo-dot-com_at_no.spam>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:52:15 GMT

I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition under Windows 2000, Service Pack 1. I'm trying to write some Java code that accesses an Oracle database (the starter DB that gets installed during the standard Oracle installation process). I'm running JDK 1.3. The code looks like this:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); String user, password, url;

// Get user, password, url inputs

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@" +

   url, user, password)

Upon execution of this last statement, an execution is thrown with the following output:

Connecting ... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: make_c
_state

        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.make_c_state(Native Method)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:197)
        at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:142)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja va:214)

        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:193)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
        at JdbcConnect.main(JdbcConnect.java:21)

Can anyone help me out as to what's going on here? Note that it doesn't work with the thin driver either (although different exceptions result there). I can communicate with the same database using SQLPlus, and everything works fine from there. Interestingly, the Oracle ODBC Test also craps out in try to connect to the database, although I'm not sure that I have the ODBC source configured properly. The Oracle documentation isn't of much help in this process.

Help!

Sandeep Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 16:52:15 CST