Why does CREATE SNAPSHOT use the DEFAULT tbsp ??

From: <monsri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:02:42 GMT

Hi,
I'd just like to know why this command uses (temporarily I guess) the schema's that's creating the snapshot default tablespace. I got the following error when running the statement:
> connect myLogin/myPsswd
> CREATE SNAPSHOT <..> TABLESPACE tbsp_x AS
> SELECT * FROM scott.emp_at_myDb_link;
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01659: unable to allocate MINEXTENTS beyond 1 in
> tablespace tbsp_z

OK I managed to solve this by adding a datafile to my TBSP_Z tablespace, but it's not the one specified in the SQL statement... (it's myLogin's default tablespace)

What does Oracle use it for ??

Thks !
Regards,
Seb