Re: Pictures in Oracle

From: <dmalto_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:32:44 GMT

 Hi,
 How about BFILE datatype?
 Also BLOB shouldn't slowdown performance. May be you store BLOBs in the same tablespace with table data? In this case performance will be down.
 Also I recommend you keep pictures as BFILE is they are used by other applications and use BLOB if the are not (only Oracle use them).  I don't recommend you use own methods as saving filename in VARCHAR2 and picture in file because you'll face problem in clients applications. In this case how you show picture? Using BLOB you can use SQLGetData function for retrieving pictures.

--
Best regards, Dmitry

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/