Re: Recover from a deleted table

From: Andreas Goldammer <agoldammer_at_viega.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:39:09 +0100

"dgdss" <dgdss_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CsN86.300358$_5.67854298_at_news4.rdc1.on.home.com...
> You could recover the tablespace the table was in, up to the point in time
> of the deletion. It depends on your Backup plan, are u using archiving ?
> have you even been backing up the DB ?
> "Afonso Pedrosa" <jpedrosa_at_hospitalfeira.min-saude.pt> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me if there is a way to recover from a deleted table
 without
> > recriating a 7.3.4 oracle database
> > in another machine with the backup(with archives)?

Think you can't recover a tablespace with "point-in-time". The ORACLE documentation 8.0.x shows this option only for the database. This makes sense, bacause the point-in-time recovery of a single tablespace would leave the database in an inconsistent state.

Please tell me if I'm wrong. Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 00:39:09 CST