Re: Books

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:34:55 -0000

Hi

I'd agree with the DBA Handbook recommendation. 'Oracle x The Complete Reference' is also a great book. Where x is your version number of course. I received my copy of Jonathan's book on Friday and spent much of the weekend trawling through it. It is an excellent book, I'm not sure how easy it would be for an oracle newbie to pick up. In addition it is geared at implementation and design of Oracle systems, so seems (to this reader anyway) to assume some familiarity with Oracle.

Having said all that I want to reiterate that it *is* an excellent book, clear, accurate & extremely well written. All these are somewhat unusual in the world of computer publishing, so congrats to him and his editorial team.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA