Re: Linking embeded SQL C++ with Oracle 8.1.6. on SCO Unixware 7

From: J. L. Schilling <jls_at_sco.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2001 13:01:50 GMT

Libor Chocholaty (chocholaty_at_iol.cz) wrote:

| "J. L. Schilling" wrote:
|
| > Nothing looks wrong from the truss output; both Oracle and the SCO JVM
| > seem to get loaded. But truss only shows certain kinds of failures.
| > You'll have to consult Oracle documentation and/or Oracle support to
| > investigate this further; perhaps they have some kind of tracing or
| > "verbose" option that that will shed additional light.
|
| Thanks, but the programm do exactly nothing. Why it use X11 and java
| libraries when it is a console application? The app stops before start
| executing 'main'. On the start of main is some printf but programm stop
| before accessing them. I am unhapy from sco. I hope that it will be
| better.

The Oracle client libraries you are using use JNI Invocation, which means a C or C++ program that starts up a Java virtual machine. That's why the java libraries are there. The X11 libraries are brought in as a consequence of Java, even when the application is not graphical; that's a quirk of the implementation.

One thing you could try to do is run the program from within the debugger (/usr/ccs/bin/debug), using create -l _init telefon, and then set a breakpoint on _exit, and see who called _exit when it gets there.

--
Jonathan Schilling		SCO, Inc. 		jls_at_sco.com