Re: Forms6 on Unix

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:51:47 -0800

"Alexander Medvedev" <a.medvedev_at_globalone.ru> wrote in message news:3A39F679.91573B57_at_globalone.ru...

> Connor McDonald wrote:
>
> > Ant wrote:
> > >
> > > I have Form Builder6 (6.0.5.0.3) and Oracle8 (8.0.4.0.0) running on a
 Compaq
> > > AlphaStation with Compaq Unix (OSF1) V4.0.
> > >
> > > The problem is that i must spend a lot of time to make forms because the
> > > Data Block Wizard and the Layout Wizard don't work (Memory fault and core
> > > file)
> > >
> > > Does any one know if this is a bug from Oracle? Is there any solution
> > > (patches or something like that)? Or must I buy the new version of
> > > Developer if I don't want to spend hours placing text items on the
 layount
> > > and assigning them to the tables, creating data blocks "by hand"....
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > This is definitely a platform bug (since we use Solaris and NT with no
> > dramas)...
> >
> > Either log a call with support, or you could build the forms on (say) NT
> > and then copy the fmb's across and generate on your target platform.
>
> Hi, due to fmb files on different may have a different format, I guess it
 will be
> possible to design forms under NT, save them in database, and make a final
> generate under linux.
>
> Regards Alexander Medvedev

We develop on NT machines and then FTP them to the UNIX server and generate the .fmx file from them. We have our own scripts that take care of the generation so I don't know all the steps at a detail level, but I'm 80% sure it is saved to the database first and then generated.

-Matt Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 15:51:47 CST