Ugly Oracle 7.3.4 & 8.1.5 Client Files Installation

From: <pattersb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:55:48 GMT

Long story short,

A rollback of Oracle Client files
from 8.1.5 to 7.3.4 on an NT 4.0 6a server resulted in the 8.1.5 executables be installed to the 7.3.4 location. I am now receiving errors about a corrupt install when I attemp to run the sql net configure app, or the installer. It sqwauks about no Default Oracle Home.

Before -

Oracle 8.1.5 Home was c:\ORACLE
Oracle 7.3.4 Home was c:\orant

7.3.4 existed on the server, the 8.1.5 client files were installed, The 8.1.5 installion used
the current oracle home (it appears) and installed 8.1.5 to the current location.

Does anyone know if the 8.1.5 can be manually removed? Thanks for any help, this issue has
taken years off my life.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Jan 13 2001 - 09:55:48 CST