Re: Locked Records

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:00:27 GMT

In article <3A5ED328.BE33B813_at_yahoo.fr>,   Pascal Linder <pascal_linder_at_yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to query the database (ORACLE 7.3) about which record is
> currently locked for a given table. Is there any way to proceed ??
>
> Thanx and best regards !
> Pascal

Oracle locks row data at the row level and this information is contained in the transaction work area, ITL, within the affected data block. There is no place in the SGA where Oracle has this information that you can query. The only way to know that a row, which no other session is waiting on, is locked is to query it. Sessions that are lockwaited  on a row will show the rowid information in their v$session entry. Object level locks appear in v$lock.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/