SQL*Plus Connection Question

From: Mark Riehl <mriehl_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:09:53 GMT

All,

I'm running 8.1.6 Enterprise Edition Server, machine name is dell.house.com, database name is db, service name is db.house.com. Using Net Assistant on this machine, I can run the connection test and everything is OK.

On another machine, I've installed Enterprise Edition Client, machine name is riehl.house.com. Using the Net 8 assistant on this machine, I can successfully connect during the test using scott/tiger.

When I start SQL*Plus on the client, it asks for a username, password, and host string. Can someone tell me what the host string should be?

Thanks,
Mark Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 09:09:53 CST