Re: SQL Script Management (Chaos)

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:29:37 GMT

Hi,

IMHO this is averted with a Version Control Program..it needn't be SourceSafe, but you need something, not only for code, but for drafts of release documents etc that are given to clients...all sorts of things.In a team development environment, I believe it's a necessity in order to avoid the exact situation that you're describing.

Regards,

Steve

In article <93mugv$7cg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   m.schmaeu_at_safir-wid.de wrote:
> We have following Problem: We create programs that use different sets
> of SQL-Scripts: Update-Scripts(for old customers),FullScripts(for new
> customers),other than Oracle Scripts for customers with an different
> Database System (Not so many. LOL) We are 3 developers and everyone of
> us does something with the Scripts. And now the Problem: every time we
> create an Release-CD we are drowning in Script-Chaos: which script is
> the newest one and so on!
> A small Help is the MS-SourceSafe but we need a better Tool!!!
> Has anyone the same Problem and a Solution for this or can anyone tell
> us how you solve your Script-Chaos???
>
> With greatest Thanks
>
> Howard Schmau
>
> Sent via Deja.com