Re: SID - riddle

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:42:43 GMT

There're two meanings to this acronym. In the context of referring to an instance, it's system identifier. But Oracle also uses it to refer to session ID such as in SELECT * FROM V$SESSION WHERE SID = 1234.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

In article <3a5d7e44_at_news.cvut.cz>,
  "Marek Smith" <m.rezac_at_sh.cvut.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am writing the documentation for my application and I need to
 describe the
> meaning of SID. Now I realized I had never known what that shortcut
 exactly
> menas... I tried to find it in original documentation but I failed. I
> suppose that the full meaning is very good hidden. Can you help me?
 Thank
> you.
> Marek

Sent via Deja.com