Re: Arrays in SQL/Plus

From: <ringosoft_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:21:25 GMT

If you know VB6 well, you probably are familiar with user defined types. Look at Oracle Object Types (new to 8i, I think); they are somewhat similar and may do what you need. Also look at PL/SQL Tables (an index by binary integer table can easily be used as a smart array). VARRAYS and PL/SQL TABLES are all Oracle collection objects, the main difference being that you have to specify a max size for a VARRAY.

In article <93nsob$447$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   juliesteenhoek_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have had to learn to program in SQL/Plus pretty much by myself. I
> also use a lot of VB 6 and am quite competent. I would like to store
> variables in an array in a SQL/Plus stored procedure but am having
> trouble understanding how to do so. I have a book by Scott Urman on
> Oracle 8 PL/SQL Programming which discusses VARRAYS, but as far as I
> can tell, VARRAYS aren't quite what I am looking for. Can anyone clue
> me in?
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com