Re: Does anyone run Linux 8i or Redhat 7.0?

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:50:55 GMT

My friend had the same problem. He said that DB was OK after he killed the install process, but i feel somehow that something was wrong with it. May be not all DB objects were created. Oracle 8i can be installed without any problems on RedHat 6.2. It has some incompatibilities with RedHat 7 libraries. After it is installed under 6.2, you can run it under 7.0 without any problems.

In article <YBn76.2254$4v4.173467_at_dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net>,   "Preston Crawford" <prestoncREMOVESPAMBLOCK_at_crawfordsolutions.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the crosspost, but I'm trying to learn Oracle on Linux and I
 had a
> problem with installation last night and I was wondering if anyone
 here has
> installed Oracle 8i on Redhat 7.0. I bought a book last night titled
 Oracle
> 8i for Linux Starter Kit. The directions helped, but I still got
 stuck. I
> was able to get through most of the install, but when it went to
 install the
> default database it choked and said it couldn't connect to the server
 or
> something like that, and thus couldn't create the default DB. I tried
 to log
> in as System and it kept throwing errors. So I was wondering, before I
 dive
> back into this tonight, if anyone has a link to a mini-howto or
 something
> that might help me get past some common mistakes that are made with
 this
> configuration. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
>
> Preston

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 15:50:55 CST