Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Setup does not run

From: Olaf Lewitz <Olaf.Lewitz_at_softwerft.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:05:43 +0100

Hi,

I had similar problems with installing a new Oracle version (I had a 8.0.5 client installed before).

There was a problem with ORACLE_HOME settings. I had to delete the Software/Oracle tree from the registry (LOCAL_MACHINE) to get the setup to run.

This "feature" is documented somewhere on Metalink.

HTH
Olaf Lewitz