Re: lower case character

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:03:38 +0100

Yes it is possible though lower case characters are considered as special, and hence need to be embedded in double quotes like this "emp"
Consequently all your statements are going to need this procedure. You probably don't want that.
In sql*plus you can use
set sqlcase upper
and
select * from user_tables where table_name = 'emp' is automatically converted to uppercase.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA