oraclestart missing in services on WIN NT

From: jeffro <jrowland_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:12:34 GMT

A contrator previously installed four Oracle databases on our Windows NT server. I have noticed whenever the server is rebooted or restarted, 3 of the Oracle databases are started. I check the status of the databases through the Instance Mananger every mornin.I am then able to start the other Oracle Database by using Instance Manager.

After doing some research noticed that if I go to Control Panel and click on services, there are four services listed (1 each for the four different sid's PD1,PD2,PD3,PD4):

OracleServicePD1
OracleServicePD2
OracleServicePD3
oracleServicePD4

There are only 3 services listed for:
OracleStartPD1
OracleStartPD2
OracleStartPD3

There is no service listed for OracleStartPD4, and this is the database that is not started automatically on rebooted.

I have been pouring over all my Oracle Books but somehow can't determined how to get the OracleStartPD4 service created. I want to try to solve this on my own, without having to go to the contractor.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 13:12:34 CST