kproc

From: Paul Bennett <spacey845_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:39:22 GMT

I'm starting Oracle 8i EE on an RS/6000 running AIX 4.3.2, using the dbstart script. (updated for 8i compatability)

After reboot, when I run a ps -fu"oracle" (or a ps -ef), there are about a dozen different kproc processes running, all owned by user oracle and all started within a second of each other.

Is this normal/expected? Are these zombies that are midway thru being reaped? Do I need to reconfig something?

---
Pb
My opinions are my own and should not be taken as
representing any other group or entity.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/