Problem starting Forms/SQLPlus

From: Charles A. T. Brown <catbrown_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:33:07 -0800

I am starting to learn Forms 6i and have loaded the CD from the CD pack to a Windows 98 system. I previously loaded Personal Edition 8i to a separate directory and SQL Plus works fine.

When I start Form Builder and I try to use the database wizard, click on database browse and enter userid/password, the "Database" field will not take an entry. I tried to start SQLPlus that was loaded with Forms and when I try to start it I get an "ORA-01034 : Oracle not available" error message. I suspect that the database is not properly connected and that I need to enter a Host string but I have no idea on syntax and cannot find it in my available reference materials.

Any suggestions on either a suggested Host String when starting SQLPlus or how to point to a different Oracle Home from Form Builder? Or should I be doing something completely different.

Many thanks for any suggestions. Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 16:33:07 CST