Re: Client and server on the same computer?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:40:34 +0100

Running client and server on the same system is no problem. 8.1.7 should run on Win2K, as there are no structural differences between PO 8i and Oracle 8i, I'm not sure why an attempt to install PO8i would succeed where Oracle 8i fails. As you don't provide any details, we can't resolve that problem for you. Be aware though you need 128 M minimum and the default setting of the java_pool_size is 20M. Oracle 8.0.5 has been desupported, and Oracle 8.0.6 being the terminal release, I would forget about 8.0

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"Jean-Paul" <jeanpaul_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:979171187.76439_at_news.aei.ca...
> Is it possible to set up both the server and the client (8.0.5 or 8.1.7)
 on