ORA-03118 two-task error while doing a non blocking OCI call

From: Barry Leslie <barry.leslie_at_snap.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:04:23 +0100

Hi,

I have an application that runs on Linux and uses OCI API (version 8.1.6).

If I do the following in non blocking mode after polling about 70 times I get the error:

ORA-03118: two-task coroutine has invalid state

do {
  call_cnt++;
  rtc = OCIStmtFetch(stmtptr->stmt, oracle_err, 1, OCI_FETCH_NEXT, OCI_DEFAULT);
 } while (rtc == OCI_STILL_EXECUTING);

This doesn't happen all the time but it happens most often on big selects.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

I have searched for related information but have come up dry. If anyone knows anything or maybe a better place to ask this question please tell me.

Thanks,

    Barry Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 09:04:23 CST