Re: Export Import Question

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:55:42 GMT

There is no keyword which will let you import the objects you desire, and only those objects. But you can still use import/export, you'll just have to work a little more. Try this:

  1. export your schema
  2. import with SHOW=Y and log to a file. This will only show the import DDL.
  3. Edit the log file generated above and remove all of the CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, etc. leaving only the CREATE PACKAGE, CREATE PROCEDURE, etc.
  4. Run this file as a script in SQL*Plus

HTH,
Brian

kush wrote:

> hi all, I am trying to Import only couple of stored procedures from export
> file which was created using user mode export. I know how to import tables
> from this file(by specifying tables=.....), but couldn't find the keyword to
> import stored procedure or package(or is it allowed at all?).
> thanks in advance.
>
> kush

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at