Re: Oracle 8i on Red Hat 7.0

From: Wayne Bastow <wbastow-nospam_at_ccahs.health.nsw.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:39:46 +1100

Lee Kyoung Rok wrote:

> instance will not startup.
> in addition to Oracle8.1.6 on Redhat 7.0 was not be certified.
>
> "Jeff Nicoll" <jnicoll_at_nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> > I want to install Oracle 8i on a linux machine. I was wondering if
> > there are any known problems when installing it on Red Hat 7.0?
> >
> > Thanks

I have it running on Redhat 7.0. If you have acces to Oracle Support there is information on their support web site or have a look at the forums at Technet.

Wayne

--
Wayne Bastow - DBA - Central Coast Health Phone: 61 2 43203231
Email: wbastowATccahsDOThealthDOTnswDOTgovDOTau

Linux, the choice of a GNU generation Kernel 2.2.16-22 on a i686

 "Is it just me, or does anyone else read `bible humpers' every time
 someone writes `bible thumpers?' -- Joel M. Snyder,
 jms_at_mis.arizona.edu