odbc and Oracle

From: dave <dreaburn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 10:35:10 GMT

I want to connect to an Oracle instance via ODBC. On my PC it works fine as I've got Oracle client installed.

On other PC's, I tried setting up an ODBC entry using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver (ver 2.573.4202) but it states that you have to install the Oracle client software first.

Is this the only way? I don't know much about ODBC but I thought the point was that you don't have to install the vendors client library.

If I have to install Oracle Net8, can I download this from Oracle's website?

Many thanks
dave

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 04:35:10 CST